- This event has passed.
At last, Museum Night Fever is back! Immerse yourself in the fabulous manuscript collection of the Dukes of Burgundy during the nocturne at the KBR museum. You will get a preview of “Witches avant la lettre“, the museum’s thematic focus this autumn, which breaks the myth of the medieval witch.
During this edition of Museum Night Fever, prepare for performances and participatory installations. Under the title “Rituals”, the Xeno- collective explores polymorphous womanhood through a multidisciplinary approach as well as a critical look at the figure of the witch. Visual artist Laura Cascone invites you to participate in the creation of a multi-sensory installation that explores magic and medieval representations of women. Curator Elena Savini and the available guides will be happy to explain the most special exhibits at the museum.
Do you want to discover the magic and the female existence before the witch hunts? The nonprofit organization Kroma vzw proposes a multi-sensory and participatory installation of paper, Indian ink, colours, fabrics and other surprises whose texture is reminiscent of the Middle Ages and the women who lived and inspired back then. Visitors can participate in a giant mixed-media painting coordinated by artist Laura Cascone. An enchanting journey through time and imagination.
Hanane El Farissi, Liew Niyomkarn, Thiaba Egutchi and Caim Stibert create contemporary forms nourished by the historical imagination that still influences our society today. Addressing themes such as the sexualisation of women’s bodies, male domination, and the norm, as well as taking into account the various social and cultural aspects involved in the construction of witchcraft myths, their performances contribute to encouraging reflection on topics relevant to historical debate as well as social practice.
- 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.: Performance by Hanane El Farissi (Xeno-)
- 8 p.m. – 10 p.m.: Participatory multi-sensory installation (Laura Cascone)
- 10.30 p.m. – 11 p.m.: Audiovisual performance by Liew Niyomkarn (Xeno-) – in the Nassau Chapel
- 11.30 p.m. – 12 p.m.: Poetic performances by Thiaba Egutchi and Caim Stibert (Xeno-)
- When? Saturday 23 October, from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Where? At the KBR museum
- Price? Presale € 13 – Day itself € 17
- Covid Safe Ticket? Mandatory
- Included? Admission to the 29 participating museums, shuttle buses and noctis.
Discover the complete programme of Museum Night Fever.