- This event has passed.
Bruegel is not who you think he is…
Bruegel is a world-renowned painter, but in the 16th century it wasn’t his paintings he was known for – it was his graphic work which brought him widespread fame. This 2019 exhibition offers you the opportunity to get up close and personal with Bruegel’s famous prints. As a pioneer in the rediscovery of Bruegel’s lesser-known masterpieces, KBR will exhibit its complete collection of prints during this special Bruegel year, at ‘The World of Bruegel in Black and White’.
This exhibition is set in the apartments of the Palace of Charles of Lorraine, a unique 18th century hidden treasure in the heart of Brussels. Don’t miss the opportunity to discover what are perhaps the lesser-known works of this great Flemish master!
We offer guided tours for groups:
Discover the exhibition
Dates and opening hours
15 October 2019 – 16 February 2020
Open daily from 11 AM – 7 PM *
KBR – Mont des Arts, 1000 Brussels
- Both the building and the exhibition are accessible for visitors with disabilities.
- Holders of a disabled parking permit can find parking spaces in front of the building, at Boulevard de l’Empereur 4.
Tickets and prices
- Adults – € 12
- Discounted admission – € 9 (groups of 10 or more people, 65+, Davidsfonds and vtbKultuur)
- Free admission for visitors with disabilities, children under 18 years and under, school groups (with prior reservation), Belgian school teachers and ICOM members.
- Free audio guide (EN-NL-FR-DE-ES)
* Closed on 1 November, 25 December en 1 January. The exhibition closes at 5 PM on 24 and 31 December.