Bruegel is not who you think he is…
Bruegel is a world-renowned painter, but in the 16th century it wasn’t his paintings he was known for – it was his graphic work which brought him widespread fame. This 2019 exhibition offers you the opportunity to get up close and personal with Bruegel’s famous prints. As a pioneer in the rediscovery of Bruegel’s lesser-known masterpieces, KBR will exhibit its complete collection of prints during this special Bruegel year, at ‘The World of Bruegel in Black and White’.
This exhibition is set in the Palace of Charles of Lorraine, a unique 18th century hidden treasure in the heart of Brussels. Don’t miss the opportunity to discover what are perhaps the lesser-known works of this great Flemish master!
We offer guided tours for groups:
Discover the exhibition
Dates and opening hours
15 October 2019 – 16 February 2020
Open daily from 11 AM – 7 PM
- Entry via the main entrance to the KBR building.
- Both the building and the exhibition are accessible for visitors with disabilities.
- Holders of a disabled parking permit can park in front of the building, at Boulevard de l’Empereur 4.
Tickets and prices
- Adults – € 12
- Discounted admission – € 9
- Free admission for ICOM-members, children 18 years and under, school groups
- Free audio guide (NL-FR-EN-DE-ES)