From 1 October, the General Reading Room will reopen its doors and will once again be open on Saturdays (*). The temporary reading room in the Rare Books department will close.
In addition to the reading room, where you can consult the collection, a separate study room will also open. You can study here but you cannot consult any documents.
The reading room will move to the general reading room (on level 0). 49 seats will be available. You need to reserve a seat.
- Monday to Saturday (*)
- 09:00 – 17:00
Closed on Sundays.
Reservation is required
The application system remains unchanged:
- Only 1 reading room is open.
- You can consult documents from all departments in this reading room.
- You must reserve your seat and your documents in advance, via your MyKBR account.
(*) On Saturdays, you can only consult documents that have been reserved. This needs to be done on Thursday at the latest.Reserve a seat in the reading room
If you want to consult the same documents again the next day (or at a later time), you can ask the reading room to set them aside for up to 60 days. They will be ready for you on your next visit.
Students welcome in the reading room
Good news for all students: in addition to the reading room, where you can consult the collection, a separate study room will also open on 1 October. We offer 60 seats. In this room you can study / read / work, but you can’t consult the collection. Reserve a seat in advance.
The study room is located in the Newspapers and Contemporary Media Department (level 0).
- Monday to Friday
- 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Closed Saturdays and Sundays.
- Book your seat via your MyKBR account.
- You must be in possession of a valid reader’s card to enter the study room. It will be scanned at the entrance.
Reserve a seat in the study room
How to cancel a reservation?
- Via your MyKBR account in the online catalogue
- By phone: +32 (0)2 519 53 11 (during opening hours)
- Via e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Covid 19 measures
- You need to reserve a seat in advance, both for the reading room and the study room.
- You are required to wear a face mask at all times.
- Please disinfect your hands at the entrance to the reading room and respect social distancing.