How to order a reproduction
Option 1: The document can be found in the online catalogue
- Sign in to your MY KBR account in the online catalogue.
- Find the document in the catalogue. In the record, click ‘Reproduction’.
- Choose the type of reproduction that you need and click ‘Send’. You will receive a confirmation email.
Option 2: The document is NOT in the online catalogue
Use the general form for reproductions. Please note that you will have to fill in all the necessary information yourself.
If you want to publish the reproduction, please read the copyright information.
Any reproduction activity implies that an invoice of minimum 2,50 EUR is made. For urgent work (max. 5 working days) the fee is doubled. This is only possible for orders up to a total amount of maximum € 200.View the fees
- Our photography service provides reproductions of documents preserved at KBR, provided that they are not in violation of copyright or conservation regulations.
- You can obtain digital copies (tiff, jpeg or pdf), but also paper prints and microfilms. Each department decides independently on the appropriate reproduction method.
- Please note that the delivery time for reproductions of complete books (PDF file) is now at least 7 months.
- Several reading rooms are equipped with photocopiers for occasional use. It is not possible to make scans or copies of documents from before 1850 or precious works. However, documents such as newspapers, manuscripts, rare books, etchings and folio volumes cannot be xeroxed.
Reproduction of complete documents (PDF)
Because of the high demand for PDF reproductions for which a complete document needs to be scanned, the delivery time for these files now amounts to more than 7 months. These files are created with a specific type of scanner, which means that we can’t temporarily increase our scanning capacity. Please note that the normal delivery time still applies to all other types of reproductions, including PDF files from microfilms. We apologise for the inconvenience.
Please read the reproduction and copyright regulations carefully.
- Invoicing: +32 (0)2 519 55 66
- Photography service: +32 (0)2 519 55 67
Do you have a question regarding a collection item? Please contact the department that has the document.