Reader’s card: prices and regulations
The Royal Library of Belgium is a reference library, which means that you can only consult the books at the Library. You may only visit the Reading Rooms if you have a reader’s card.
- You must be at least 16 years old to apply for a reader’s card.
- Take proof of identification to the subscription desk at the Gutenberg entrance on the Mont des Arts. Students should also bring proof of their university or college enrolment.
- day card: EUR 5.00
- annual card: EUR 25.00
- annual card for students and journalists: EUR 15.00
- second copy: EUR 5.00
Reader’s cards can be renewed when they expire. The Royal Library reserves the right to withdraw the card if you do not observe the library regulations.
Lost your card? Ask for a second copy at the subscription desk.
Subscription desk opening hours
- from Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 6.45 p.m.
- Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4.45 p.m.
Read all about the mandatory cloakroom and the rules that apply in the building. These in-house rules also explain which documents you can photograph and which not.