The Interlibrary Loan Service offers you the possibility to make a request for items that are not in our collections but are in the collections of other libraries (both national and international libraries). KBR also lends books for consultation to other libraries.
How to request interlibrary loans
- Foreign libraries: via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Belgian libraries: via the Impala system
- Individuals: via the loan request form in the online catalogue
- Libraries that submit their requests via Impala and are members of the shuttle service: 6.20 EUR per volume
- Requests sent by post:
- 8 EUR per volume for public libraries and universities
- 9.30 EUR per volume for documentation centres
- International requests: payment by means of IFLA vouchers (8 EUR + shipping)
The price is the same for private individuals.
Which documents cannot be requested?
Some documents are not available for an interlibrary loan:
- documents from the Legal Deposit
- precious works
- documents from the Prints Department and the Chalcography Department
- documents dating from before 1850
- documents in poor condition
- large sizes (folios)
- reference works
If a work is lent to KBR, it can be consult it in the reading room. Documents borrowed from KBR should always be consulted in the reading room of the library that has borrowed them.