5 things you need to know before visiting KBR
1. Documents can only be consulted in the reading rooms of the library
All books must be read within the library and may not be taken out. They have to be consulted in the reading rooms.
2. You need a reader’s card to access the reading rooms
Access to the KBR builing is free, apart from the temporary exhibitions and the reading rooms. In order to access the reading rooms, you must present a valid reader’s card. Students get a discount on annual cards.Reder’s card prices
3. Books are kept in closed stacks
The storage areas are inaccessible to readers. Items that are located in the closed stacks need to be requested via the online catalogue.
Please bear in mind that you will have to wait until they have been retrieved from the stacks. Consult the reading rooms’ distribution times beforehand.How to request a document?
4. No coats, bags, food or drink in the reading room
Please us the lockers to store your belongings. They are located at the entrance and are free of charge. All lockers have a timed unlock mode, so do not leave your belongings overnight.
5. Request your books beforehand and avoid waiting
If you make an online reservation, your books will be ready when you arrive the next day.
You can even request books without a reader’s card:
- Create a MY KBR account in the online catalogue.
- Reserve the books you need.
- Buy your reader’s card when you arrive at KBR. Please mention the fact that you already have an account.