5 things you need to know before visiting KBR
1. Documents can only be consulted in the reading rooms of the library
2. You need a reader’s card to access the reading rooms
A large part of the KBR builing is freely accessible, apart from the KBR museum and temporary exhibitions, for which you need to buy a ticket, and the reading rooms, for which you need a valid reader’s card. Students get a discount on an annual reader’s card.Reder’s card prices
3. Books are kept in closed stacks
The storage areas are inaccessible to readers. Items that are located in the closed stacks need to be requested via the online catalogue.
Please bear in mind that your requested items have to be retrieved from the stacks and that this takes time. In order to avoid waiting, please reserve your documents 2 days before your visit.How to request a document?
4. No coats, bags, food or drinks in the reading room
Please use the lockers to store your belongings. They are located at the entrance and are free of charge. All lockers have a timed unlock mode, so do not leave your belongings overnight.
5. Request your books beforehand and avoid waiting
If you request all your items 2 days before coming to the reading room, your books will be ready when you arrive.
You can even do this without having a reader’s card:
- Create a MY KBR account in the online catalogue.
- Reserve a seat in the reading room.
- Request the items you need.
When you come to KBR, you pay for your reader’s card at the info desk. Please mention that you already have a MY KBR account. Your requested items will be waiting for you in the reading room.Open the catalogue