At KBR, you can only consult books in the reading rooms. To reserve a seat in the reading room or consult the online collections, you need to have a MyKBR account. To get access to the reading room, you need a valid reader’s card.
Create your MyKBR account now: it’s free. You need an account to:
- reserve a seat in the reading room or the study room
- reserve documents for consultation
- have full access to BelgicaPress, BelgicaPeriodicals and the e-resources*
- use the digitisation on demand service
- save searches and bibliographic descriptions
* To access the electronic resources remotely, you also need a specific annual subscription. This is free of charge, but conditions apply.Create account
Reader’s card registration
You pay for your membership at the reception desk of KBR. This is not possible online. Please mention whether you already have a MyKBR account.
- Monday – Friday
- 10:00 – 17:00
Take proof of identification with you. Students should also bring proof of their university or college enrollment.
If you want to consult documents in the reading room or use the study room, you need to reserve a seat and have a valid reader’s card. It will also automatically grant you remote access to the electronic resources.View price list
You must be at least 16 years old to apply for a reader’s card. Your reader’s card is strictly personal. KBR reserves the right to withdraw the card if you do not observe the library regulations. Download the regulations in French or Dutch.
First time at the library?
Read our insider’s tips to get the most out of your first visit at KBR.5 practical tips