Reading rooms are closed on the following days:
Check the list for 2019
- 1 January (New Year’s Day)
- 22 April (Easter Monday)
- 1 May (Labour Day)
- 30, 31 May and 1 June (Ascension Day)
- 10 June (Whit Monday)
- 21 July (Belgian National Day)
- 15 and 16 August (Assumption Day)
- 1 and 2 November (All Saints’ and All Souls’ Day)
- 11 November (Armistice Day)
- 15 November (King’s Feast)
- from 25 December to 1 January
- Saturdays in July and August
Our reading rooms are closed on public holidays and certain additional closing days. The latter are decided upon in an official decree by the government, which is issued at the beginning of the year.
KBR closes at 5 p.m. the day before public holidays and in July and August.
Exhibition: The World of Bruegel in Black and White
- Every day: 11 am – 7 pm
- Closed on 01/11, 25/12 and 01/01. Closes at 5 PM on 24/12 and 31/12.