How to obtain publishing rights?
Option 1: The document can be found in the online catalogue
- Sign in to your MY KBR account in the online catalogue.
- Find the document in the catalogue. In the record, click ‘Copyright’. All bibliographic data will appear automatically.
- Specify the type of publication and click ‘Validate’. You will receive a confirmation email.
Option 2: The document is NOT in the online catalogue
Use the general form for publishing rights. Please note that you will have to fill in all the necessary information yourself.
When do I need to obtain permission?
All reproductions of KBR documents are subject to copyright. If you want to publish a reproduction of a document, you need permission beforehand. By ‘publish’, we mean, among other things, their use in books, documentaries, films, posters or online, but also in exhibitions.
To put in a copyright request, you need to be in possession of the reproductions.
In certain cases, you can obtain an exemption from the payment of copyright. State your reason for requesting an exemption clearly in the form.
Fees for publishing rights
- Less than 500 prints – cover: 75,00 EUR
- Less than 500 prints – corpus: 50,00 EUR
- More than 500 prints – cover: 100,00 EUR
- More than 500 prints – corpus: 75,00 EUR
E-book, internet, multimedia, animation, mobile app: 250,00 EUR
Poster, folder, post card
Quotation available on request
Please read the reproduction and copyright regulations carefully.
- Invoicing: +32 (0)2 519 55 66
- Photography service: +32 (0)2 519 55 67
Do you have a question regarding a collection item? Please contact the department that has the document.