Interlibrary Loan Service (ILL)
The Interlibrary Loan Service offers you the possibility to make a request for items that are not in our collections but are in the collections of other libraries (both national and international libraries). The Royal Library also lends books for consultation to other libraries.
How to request an interlibrary loan
- Libraries: please get in touch via Impala, or by email with email@example.com.
- Individuals: please fill in the request form in the online catalogue.
- Libraries that submit their requests via Impala and are members of the shuttle service: EUR 6.20 per volume
- Requests sent by post: EUR 8 per volume for public libraries and universities; EUR 9.30 per volume for documentation centres
- International requests: payment by means of IFLA vouchers (EUR 8 + shipping)
The price is the same for private individuals.
These works are not available for an interlibrary loan:
- documents from the Legal Deposit
- precious works
- documents from the Prints Department and the Chalcography Department
- documents dating from before 1850
- documents in poor condition
- large sizes (folios)
- reference works
If a work is lent to the Royal Library, it can be consult it in the General Reading Room. Documents borrowed from the Royal Library should always be consulted in the Reading Room of the library that has borrowed them.