The Brussels Renaissance Festival highlights the role of Brussels in European history. At the end of the Middle Ages, Brussels belonged to the rich and powerful Dukes of Burgundy. Skilled politicians and cultured patrons, they established a stirring treasure, a unique and fascinating collection of manuscripts: the Library of the Dukes of Burgundy.
Many of these masterpieces have survived the ravages of time and of history. They are now preserved at KBR. Grab your chance this summer and visit the KBR museum. Through lectures, workshops and culinary delights, you will discover the fragrances and colors of the 15th century at KBR!
The festival starts on 19 June 2021 and ends on 11 July 2021. Discover the programme at KBR:
- Lecture by Véronique Bücken: Peinture et miniature à l’aube de la Renaissance dans les Pays-Bas bourguignons (FR)
- Lecture by Till-Holger Borchert: Van Jan van Eyck tot Simon Bening: schilderen op perkament (NL)
- Taste the 15th century at restaurant Albert
- Workshop: Writing with a quill
- Workshop: Painting with pigments
- Museum visit
In collaboration with Visit Brussels.