- It is compulsory to reserve a seat via your MyKBR-account.
- To get access to the reading room, you need a valid reader’s card.
- 77 seats available in the reading room
Consulting the collections
Please reserve your documents 2 working days in advance, so that they will be ready when you arrive. Many heritage items can only be consulted after reservation. On Saturday, there is no book distribution. Reference works are freely accessible in the open stacks.
- Go to the catalogue and sign in to your MY KBR account.
- Find the document in the catalogue.
- In the record, click ‘Reserve’.
If you want to reserve a document that is not in the online catalogue, please use the special request form.
Please note that reserving a document does not mean that a place is automatically reserved. Readers must reserve their place in addition to their document.
If you want to consult the same documents again the next day (or at a later time), you can ask our staff to keep them in the reading room for up to 60 days. This way, they will be immediately available on your next visit.
Want to study?
In the study room you can study, read and work, but you can’t consult the collections. It is located on the second floor of the reading room.
190 seats are available. Seat reservation is not required.
You can request publications that are not available at KBR through the Interlibrary Loan Service. Check the guidelines, prices and restrictions.Prices and guidelines
The reading room has Wi-Fi and sockets so you can connect your laptop. There are a number of computers which you may use for consulting the catalogue and the e-resources. Although these work stations have access to the Internet, they cannot be used to download or print documents.
Copies and reproductions
- If you need an image, you can order a reproduction (a scan or photocopy) via Digit on Demand.
- You may take digital photographs (without flash) of documents if they are intended for personal use. Always respect copyright rules and make sure that you do not damage the document in any way.
- Please also note that it is not possible to make your own copies or print documents from your own computer (and from the public computers in the room).
Access to the reading room
Once you have reserved a place to consult documents or have a reader’s card, you can use the reading room. Please note that the following items are not permitted in the reading room:
- Food and beverages