General Reading Room Contemporary Printed Books
Monday – Friday
10:00 – 17-00
Brussels, 1000 Belgium +32 (0)2 519 53 11
Seat reservation required
- It is compulsory to book a seat via your MyKBR-account.
- 49 seats available
- Reserve a seat before you reserve any documents. Reference works also need to be reserved.
- Please reserve your documents 2 working days in advance (reference works too). This way, everything will be ready for you.
Searching the collection
You can use the online catalogue or the various card catalogues.Tips for searches in our catalogues
Requesting a book
- Go to the online catalogue and sign in to your MY KBR account.
- Find the document in the catalogue.
- In the record, click ‘Reserve’.
If you want to reserve a document that is not in the online catalogue, please use the special request form.
If you want to consult the same documents again the next day (or at a later time), you can ask the reading room to set them aside for up to 60 days. They will be ready for you on your next visit.
Want to study?
This is possible in the study room. This room is currently closed.
You can request publications that are not available at KBR through the Interlibrary Loan Service. Check the guidelines, prices and restrictions.Interlibrary loans
Each room has a Wi-Fi connection and sockets so you can connect your laptop. There are a number of computers which readers may use. Their only purpose is for consulting the online catalogue and the e-resources. Although these work stations have access to the Internet, they cannot be used to download or print documents.
Copies and reproductions
- If you need an image, you can order a reproduction (a scan or photocopy). It is not possible to make scans or copies of documents from before 1850 or rare books. View all prices.
- You may take digital photographs of documents that are stored in the Contemporary Printed Books collection if they are intended for personal use (this includes treatises or dissertations that won’t be published). However, you may not use a flash or a tripod. You will need to fill in a special form that is available from the desk. Please always respect the copyrights.