Isabelle Chardon (violin), Sophie Hallynck (harp) and Christophe Delporte (accordion) are all three teachers at the Higher Institute for Music and Education in Namur (Imep) and form the trio Phalaena. Phalaena means “butterfly” and symbolizes lightness, grace and the subtle rebirth of nature.
The combination of the harp, the violin and the bayan (concert accordion) offers an alliance of eclectic sounds. The prejudice that the accordion is only part of the repertoire of popular music is refuted by this trio with a smile.
Enjoy the following pieces during this lunchtime concert on 11 December:
- Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750): Allegro from Concerto for organ BWV 593
- Domenico Scarlatti (1685-1747): La primavera K.33, L’estate K.9, L’autunno K.418 & L’inverno K.519 (KBR, Music, Mus. 14.828 C)
- Jacqueline Fontyn (1930-): PARCOURS (world premiere)
- Manuel de Falla (1876-1946): El paño moruno – Asturiana – Jota – Nana – Polo from Siete canciones populares españolas (KBR, Music, 7 C 1.527 Mus.)
- Camille Saint-Saëns (1835-1921): Danse macabre op. 40 (KBR, Music, Mus. 14.972 C)
Buy your tickets online to ensure to have a seat. You can also purchase tickets at the ticket counter at the entrance of KBR.