On the occasion of the 100th birthday of jazz legend Toots Thielemans, we compiled a list of our e-resources on jazz, music and musicology.
Our digitised collection
Fund Toots Thielemans
This collection consists of some 5000 to 6000 documents of which more than 1500 have been digitised. Browse our digital library Belgica for a selection of more than 300 digitised documents, or more than 7,343 images. Most of the digitised documents can only be viewed in KBR because of the Belgian copyright legislation.
BelgicaPress currently gives you access to 117 major Belgian newspapers dating from 1814 to 1970, all of which are accessible in full-text.
These external e-resources are purchased by KBR and are available, free of charge, to holders of a reader’s card or an electronic resources subscription.
- BiblioJazz (Open Access)
Participatory bibliographic database on jazz and related music.
- Encyclopaedia of Popular Music
Contains more than 30 000 articles on all aspects of popular music from 1900 to today.
- Grove Music Online / Oxford Music Online
Gateway offering access to dictionaries and encyclopaedias on music.
- The Grove Dictionary of American Music
Online dictionary on American music in all its forms.
- Historical Newspapers
Database providing access to the full text of the archives of several Anglo-Saxon newspapers of international audience.
- Répertoire International de Littérature Musicale (RILM)
Comprehensive index of articles, books, bibliographies, catalogues, (master’s) theses, films, drawings, comments and reviews on music.
- RIPM Jazz Periodicals
Retrospective Index to Music Periodicals gives you access to a unique collection of 105 periodicals on jazz and its history. It can only be consulted on site at KBR for legal reasons.
- Revue belge de musicologie/Belgisch Tijdschrift voor Muziekwetenschap, 1946-2018
- Jazz Journal, 1948-2022 (Open Access)
- Current Research Jazz, 2009-2022 (Open Access)
- Journal of Jazz Studies, 2011-2022 (Open Access)
- JAZZed, 2006-2013
- The Jazz republic: music, race, and American culture in Weimar Germany, Jonathan O. Wipplinger, University of Michigan Press : Ann Arbor, 2017 (Open Access)
- Le Jazz à la lettre : la littérature et le jazz, Yannick Séité, Presses Universitaires de France : Paris, 2010
Accessing these resources
Please log using your MyKBR account before accessing the e-resources. E-resources in Open Access can be consulted freely, even without a subscription or a reader’s card.
With a valid reader’s card you can consult all sources on site. Log in with your MyKBR account.
You need a valid reader’s card or an electronic resources subscription.