- Remote access to all digitised newspapers and periodicals.
- Electronic resources can be consulted remotely with a subscription.
- More than 90.000 digitised heritage documents available via Belgica.
- Possibility of digitisation on demand.
Newspapers and periodicals: remote access
You now have remote access to the full corpus of Belgica, BelgicaPress and BelgicaPeriodicals:
- BelgicaPress provides more than 3,6 million digitised newspaper pages of Belgian newspapers (1814-1970).
- BelgicaPeriodicals provides almost 640.000 digitised pages of Belgian periodicals (1813-1999).
- Belgica provides more than 90.000 heritage documents.
KBR respects Belgian copyright legislation. You have full access to all digitised documents, whether or not they are protected by copyright, as long as you log in with your MyKBR account and you declare that you are carrying out research within the strict framework of the exceptions specified by the Belgian copyright law: for scientific research or illlustration for teaching.
Anyone is entitled to create a free MyKBR account.
Electronic resources: remote access
The electronic resources can be consulted remotely if you have an electronic resources subscription. The e-resources comprise some 100 databases, 5.000 online periodicals and 62.000 e-books.
Discover the e-collection from home:
Request your subscription to electronic resources via this online form and browse the catalogue to access our online resources.
For legal reasons, some resources can only be consulted on site at KBR.
If you have a valid reader’s card, you also have remote access to the electronic resources.
Digit on Demand: extended capacity
Via our Digit on Demand service, you can have (parts of) documents scanned quickly on request. Requests will be processed more quickly than before, as KBR is significantly increasing the capacity of this service.
The Belgica digital library already offers access to more than 90.000 heritage documents, with millions of pages to browse: manuscripts, old and rare books, but also maps, prints, music, coins and medals.
Thematic selections are a new feature for Belgica: one click is all it takes to view a thematic collection online. The offer is large: from the Library of the Dukes of Burgundy to a selection of 20th century photo-novels, or the complete collection of Bruegel’s graphic works.
Last update: 13 July 2021